1. AGE IS NOT A BARRIER: You are never too old to learn golf and it doesn't matter what shape or size you are either. Even professional golfers come in every shape and size.
2. GOLFERS LIVE LONGER: Really they do, 5 years longer on average according to a Swedish study.
3. YOU WILL STAY HEALTHIER: Golf keeps you physically active and if you walk you will burn an average of 1,500 calories in 18 holes.
4. GOLF KEEPS YOU MENTALLY ACTIVE: Golf is also a mental game. It calls for strategy, creativity and problem solving, all of which help keep your brain active, a key ingredient in fighting off the aging process.
5. BRIDGE THE GENERATION GAP: You can play with your son or daughter, grandkids or whomever you meet on the first tee. Golfers don't care how young or old you are just that you enjoy the game.
6. IMPROVE YOUR SOCIAL LIFE: It's a great way to make new friends or start a new relationship quickly and easily without any awkwardness.
7. ENJOY NATURE: The birds, the bees, the flowers and the breeze. The views, the wildlife and the smell of fresh cut grass, just a few of the simple pleasures you will enjoy each and every time you play.
8. THE NEVER ENDING CHALLENGE: With golf, every day is a fresh start on your never-ending challenge to shoot a lower score, par a specific hole or hit a certain type of shot well.
9. GREAT VALUE: Golf is really a great value when compared to many other activities.
10. THE 19th HOLE: There you can right the world's problems and complain about the younger generation over your favorite beverage.